Re: [OM] OM body wish list

Subject: Re: [OM] OM body wish list
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:18:23 -0500 (EST)
 My idea for another OM body is for one between the OM2000 & the OM-4ti.
I would like the features that the OMPC had (simple segmented mildly
intelligent metering),
plus spot and averaging. Shiftable program, aperture-preferred
 and manual modes. 1/250th synch speed, PLEASE. PC socket. I have also
always dreamed of exposure compensation via a sliding stepless lever
not the usual knob. If that lever could be positioned either where the
index finger of either right or left hand could grasp it all the better.
No built-in drives, and compatibility with the present Winders/Motors.
    With Nikon SB-like flash characteristics, too. A mechanical speed of
say 1/60th in case of battery/electronic failure might be too much to ask
for...focus confirmation would be nice, but it would push the price too
close to the existing OM-4ti.
 In my dreams, the return of the XA, with the inclusion of a shitable
prog & manual modes, plus the aperture preferred, a PC socket and maybe
one model with zoom, and one with a 21 or 24mm lens (f/3.5?)...hey, a girl
can dream, right ???
  Tomoko, do remind the OM people that we have "sold" scores of OM
products to many people throughout our travels. Strangers approach and ask
invariably about an AF RF model, and I steer them towards OM every time.
Not just out of loyalty, but because I firmly believe they represent the
best value for the dollar out there.

                                         Thank you,

                                *= Doris Fang =*

#