Re: [OM] More on Plastic Camera Bodies

Subject: Re: [OM] More on Plastic Camera Bodies
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 17:05:58 -0800
Cc: swright@xxxxxxxxx
At 01:05 PM 1/3/98 -0800, Shawn Wright  wrote:
>This last point has occurred to me, as I spent quite some time
>finding the list back when Lars ran it. I have just submitted my
>Olympus List web page to a few search engines, with the hope it
>will make the list a bit more visible for Oly users. Hopefully this
>will not mean an influx of spam to the list...

The question of how I found the Olympus brought back the knowledge that
this list was listed on the PhotoForum Web page.  The URL is as follows:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/web-04.html

Shawn, why don't you submit your Olympus list Web page address to the
PhotoForum list owner?  The PhotoForum Web site seems to be still listing
our old address.

By running my home page for more than a year, I have found that the search
engines are not the routes most people use to find my page.  It is the link
to my page on Web pages of related subjects.

The other way to publicize is to post to  photography-related newsgroups.
I know some people joined the list because I posted to newsgroups regarding
the OM2000.  The side effects to that practice is the poster gets junk
mails.  Other than that it works very well.  For that to work, you have to
have your URL in your signature when posting and in order to get attention,
include the URL as a part of the post, saying that this is a mailing list
where future and present OM users can exchange information.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx