Re: [OM] more OM-5 wish lists

Subject: Re: [OM] more OM-5 wish lists
From: Richard Schätzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:00:45 +0100
Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:
snip..

> When I asked Mr. Kazufusa Taneichi whether Olympus would introduce the
> OM-5, his answer was "we are not allowed to say anything."  In the very
> same mail, he told me the news that the OM2000 would become available in
> the US.  Now the OM2000 has been in the US for a few months. My local
> camera store carries it and I bought one.  I think that the store sold at
> least 4 OM2000 and two 70-210mm zooms.  This store had not carried OM
> cameras for about 8 or 9 years although they might have done special orders
> for OM-3Ti/4Ti.
>
> Olympus Japan must have heard about the amount of sales and the amount of
> interest from Olympus America by now.  My local store told me that they
> ordered some more OM2000s.
>
> I would think that this is just about good time to press Olympus Japan to
> do something drastic about the status of the OM system cameras.

I asked a local camera dealer, he said that he thinks that there is
devenitly a market for a camera like the OM2000. Many people revuse to
buy used cameras. In fact for a customer, it´s more dificult to check a
used body, if it´s working properly, than to check lenses.
But he didn´t heard from Olympus Germany that they plan to introduce the
OM2000. He heard the first time about the existence of the OM2000 from
me!
Okay, it´s shop with a strong Nikon tendency, but there is no shop in
town who caters other Olympus stuff than P&S.
The dealer thinks too, that Olympus has lost his interest in the OM
series. An opinion you will find also published in the local photo
magazins.

Richard

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx