[OM] Questions on OM-2n

Subject: [OM] Questions on OM-2n
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:13:14 -0800 (PST)
Well, since Tomoko brought up the gathering thing, we sort of had
our own version of it out here in the West coast as well.  I went
to my very first camera show this past weekend, and while looking
at some Oly gear, someone came along and picked up the set of
extension tubes to look at it.  I commented that not too many
people are interested in Olympus gear anymore and we started
talking.  He turned out to be Andre Goforth of this list, whom I
had exchanged email with previously.  Then Andre introduced me to
Gary Schloss (whom everyone at the show seemed to know) and the
three of us talked about the lack of Oly bargains.  (Actually
Andre did find some good buys, but I'll let him tell it if he
wanted to.)

Anyway, to make a long story short, I picked up an OM-2n (probably
paid too much, but it was in very fine shape).  I have called for
a manual from Olympus, but it will take 2-3 months before I'll
get it (unless, of course, someone else on the list has an extra
that they can share -- I'll be getting a copy from Olympus, so I
don't need another copy, just the original :-)).  So now I have
some questions on the operation of the OM-2n:

1) With the mode set to "OFF" what do I get when I fire the
   shutter?
   (My guess is that it picks the speed based on the OTF
   metering, the same as "AUTO" mode.)

2) With the mode set to "OFF" and a T20 flash ready (set for
   automatic control by OM-2), what do I get when I fire the
   shutter?

3) With the mode set to "OFF" and a T20 flash ready (NOT set
   for control by OM-2), what do I get when I fire the shutter?

4) With the mode set to "AUTO", I think it picks the speed
   based on the OTF metering, correct?

5) With the mode set to "AUTO" and a T20 flash ready (set for
   automatic control by OM-2), what do I get?

6) With the mode set to "AUTO" and a T20 flash ready (NOT set
   for control by OM-2), what do I get?

7) With the mode set to "MANUAL", I think it does whatever is
   set and OTF has no effect, correct?

8) With the mode set to "MANUAL" and a T20 flash ready (set for
   control by OM-2), what do I get?

9) With the mode set to "MANUAL" and a T20 flash NOT set for
   control by OM-2, I think it will do whatever is set and
   nothing is over-ridden, correct?

10) Why shouldn't I always leave the camera in the "OFF" mode?
   and only switch to "MANUAL" mode when I want control?  Any
   advantage to switching to "AUTO" mode?

11) When does the 1/60 manual speed come into play?
   (Only after the batteries are dead?)

I'd assume the T32 will function in the same way as the T20 in
all the modes mentioned above.  Thanks very much for anyone who
can answer these basic questions.
        -Dan

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx