Re: [OM] Mid-Atlantic Oly Fest

Subject: Re: [OM] Mid-Atlantic Oly Fest
From: "David Brown" <keswick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:12:58 -0000
Ahem! Not true John - as usual John has only given his side of the true
story of the (in)famous first Scotch Corner Oly-fest.

The venue was a famous roundabout on the A1 road known as Scotch Corner -
approximately mid-way between London and Edinburgh. In the car park of the
world famous Little Chef restaurant (3 Michelin Rosettes and counting) I
was threatened with a damaged, dented and generally abused 4Ti. While he
discussed the merits of The Camera Clinic - a north of England OM repairer
- and Benbo tripods I was eventually forced to hand over an incredibly
large pile of pound notes for a damaged, dented and generally abused black
(BLACK!) Zuiko 350mm/f2.8 lens and 1.4x converter.

As if I had ever wanted such a thing!

John had already terrified several motorists in the car park by focusing
the black beast on their number plates - if we had been in the US with
armed police about John may have been no more (I wonder what other Olympus
goodies I could have extracted from his car boot (trunk :)) and I could
have been saved from my fate.

And my "father-in-law"? Actually my minder who was looking the wrong way
and missed it all. I've sacked him.

I'm hoping the next Oly-fest will take place in Iceland - or at least a
long way from Scotch Corner :)

David

> Tomoko Yamamoto (followed by John Gardner) wrote:
> >
> > Rand Tomcala,  Jim Loudon, and I became the first Oly mailing list
members
> > to face each other last Saturday afternoon.
>
> Ahem! Not true Tomoko. David Brown and I met face-to-face in the much
> unpublicised Yorkshire Oly-fest which took place in the car park of a
Little
> Chef restraunt midway along the A1 motorway. He oggled my damaged, dented
and
> generally abused 4Ti that had just returned from my Welsh trip and he got
his
> hands on my (black) 350mm f/2.8 and mythical 1.4x converter. He liked the

> product so much he bought it from me :) We discussed the merits of The
Camera

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx