Re: [OM] Questions on OM-2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions on OM-2n
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:54:38 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:16, "L.J. Clark" <ljclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Dan Lau wrote:
>>
>> Well, since Tomoko brought up the gathering thing, we sort of had
>> our own version of it out here in the West coast as well.  I went
>> to my very first camera show this past weekend, and while looking
>> at some Oly gear, someone came along and picked up the set of
>> extension tubes to look at it.  I commented that not too many
>> people are interested in Olympus gear anymore and we started
>> talking.  He turned out to be Andre Goforth of this list, whom I
>> had exchanged email with previously.  Then Andre introduced me to
>> Gary Schloss (whom everyone at the show seemed to know) and the
>> three of us talked about the lack of Oly bargains.

>Maybe we need a secret sign so that we can recognize each other
>at likely venues.  How about something like tissue stuck to the
>sole of the left shoe?

Hay, I thought the act of "picking up the set of extension tubes"
was a pretty good secret sign -- who else but a die-hard Olympus
fan would want to look at a set of Olympus extension tubes :-).

>Which show was that?  If it was the San Mateo, I'll kick myself
>for not making the 5 1/2 hour drive south.

Yes, it was the San Mateo show.  But you'll have to talk to Andre
and Gary to see if it was worthwhile since it was the first show
I've been to (actually I know it was worthwhile for Andre because
he left with his arms full).  Unfortunately I did not bring a
spare set of batteries for the OM-1(n) and OM-2(n), because there
were quite a few of them that did not have batteries in them (but
at reasonable prices).  I didn't want to buy anything that I can
not verify that the meter is working, so I passed on them.
        -Dan

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx