Re: [OM] Digital Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Cameras
From: "John Petrush" <jpetrush@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:12:34 -0500
I have been an Olympus camera user since the mid-seventies and wouldn't part
with my OM's or little XA for anything.  I recently added a D-300L to
explore the digital side just for grins.  I'll try to summarize what I've
learned without rambling.

For image control - digital can't even come close.......
for image quality - digital can't even come close....yet.......
for quick and easy - its a toss-up with the XA

Digital only wins when display to the screen - just viewing or web pages -
is the "viewed image".  For prints, and certainly transparancies, film
remains the best way to go at any price.  Doubtless the digital cameras will
get better and cheaper.  Olympus' second generation series has already
proven that.  Its equally clear that is their direction for future products.
So, since all your OM stuff is on the path to obsolecence - care to sell it
to me at bargin prices <g>.

John P