Re: [OM] Re: more OM-5 wish lists

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: more OM-5 wish lists
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 19:10:34 -0800
At 05:36 PM 1/12/98 +0100,  Peter Leyssens wrote:

>Tomoko had the idea of :
>> In the interim, I would like to propose that Olympus develop software
>for
>>HPC or PalmPilot (?) which might be called "Olympus Photographer's
>>Assistant."  This software can record such data as:
><snip>
>>It might be that Olympus would develop this in collaboration with one
>of
>>HPC or Palm Pilot manufacturers.  Software may be available separately
>or
>>bundled with hardware.
>
>1) You're forgetting Psion :-)
>2) That's not Olympus' job.  Olympus might make software to connect the
>digital camera's to a Psion or a PalmPilot, but an assistant for any
>kind of manual camera is not their job.  It should be done by a
>hobbyist.
>
>I say this because the fact of creating an application for a PDA is too
>far apart from making manual camera's.  It's got nothing to do with it.
>It's got something to do with digital camera's (they need software
>anyhow) but not with all-manual 35mm camera's that are not even equiped
>with any computer.
I doubt that an OM-5 will not be an all-manual SLR.

>That's not to say that an app like this would not be handy.  Of course
>it's easy and useful to just tick a few times on the screen of a PDA to
>edit a photographer's diary.  But it's not the job of a manual camera
>maker.

Do you know Olympus also makes microcasette recorders, most recently
digital voice recorders, and MO drives?

BTY, Olympus has been making "Pearlcorders" for quite a while.  Their most
recent product is this digital voice recorder (D1000) which can record your
voice memo for 34 minutes on a 2MB miniature card.

I think Olympus can use the proposed software, "Photographer's Assistant"
as a sales tool for marketing their future/present OM cameras.  It would be
handy for photographers,  particularly for those thinking-types who like to
use manual-focus cameras.  Olympus can even make a generic Phographer's
Assistant as well as Olympus Assistant.

I am going to put this on my personal wish list to Olympus anyway.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx