Re: [OM] OM Preference-Vote (Was Wish List -Summary & Petition)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Preference-Vote (Was Wish List -Summary & Petition)
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:47:24 -0800
On 15 Jan 98 at 16:34, Tomoko Yamamoto wrote:

> Fellow Olympians!
>
> I have received only 20 responses voting on my questions so far, but I
> understand that there are more than 100 members on this list.  In order for

Tomoko,

For your stats, the current list stats are:

olympus: 202
digest: 81

Keep in mind that 1-2 on each list may not be valid, due to bounces which I
haven't had time to deal with. Also, many on the digest are also on the regular
list. I'd say 225 is certainly a safe number, which gives you an idea how many
lurkers are out there...

Another list I was a longtime member of (VW Vanagon) actually kept stats on who
owned what, who lived where (strictly by numbers, of course, no names used),
and the remainder were affectionately known as "snivelling lurkers". The stats
were posted to the list weekly. This is an ambitious project, to say the least,
but could prove valuable to listmembers on a daily basis, but especially when
embarking on such a project as you are know, Tomoko.

ie: stats could be as follows:

number of bodies, by type:
OM-1
OM-2
etc.
number of zuikos, by type:
number of accessories, by type:

geographical breakdown by Country and City.

With these numbers, a listmember could tell at a glance how many others own the
rare and much sought T20 AutoConnector, or find out whether anyone actually
owns the 8mm fisheye, or other equally useful things...

So, any volunteers for the official Oly Stats Keeper?

ps: Of course, you may need a special stats page for Gary Schloss, dynamically
updated.... ;-)

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx