[OM] Olympus Links

Subject: [OM] Olympus Links
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:32:15 -0800
With increasing numbers of new (and old) list members asking about
the visibility of this list, I'd like to suggest two things:

1. Anyone who has an Olympus related web page, please e-mail me the
url directly, and I will place a link on the list web site. I know
others such as Ziv Kenet already have excellent Oly link pages, but
it would seem natural for the list site to be a good place to gather
them all together as well.
If you have a photo related web site, which may not be
Olympus-specific, please send me this also; I'll add them under a
separate heading. You should try to mention your use of Olympus
cameras at least once though...

2. A few have also asked about mentioning the list on the newsgroups,
where many lost and wandering Zuikoholics are preyed upon by less
tasteful types wielding AF bodies nearly equivalent in mass to FvL's
entire OM collection...
I think a carefully worded reply to such lost Zouls, pointing out the
existence of the list is an excellent idea.
I also believe a regular, maybe bi-weekly, posting about the list may
also be a good idea, but should probably be done by a single person
willing to undertake this.

The response to the latter option should be carefully monitored on
the list, for it is quite possible that some spammers will appear,
and this plan may have to be altered a bit.

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright