Re: [OM] OM Preference-Vote

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Preference-Vote
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:49:15 -0800
I just would like to say thank you to those who sent in their "votes"
either through the list or directly.  The number of votes according to my
quick count is about 70.  Although this does not constitute a majority, I
hope I have received votes from most of those who are looking for new OM
bodies in the near future.

I know that this particular drive to petition Olympus with a new OM body
proposal may sound foolish to some, but I would say that unless you try it,
you'll never know the outcome.  I think that Olympus is very proud of their
OM-4Ti while touting digital cameras.  It certainly is a unique camera
available on the market, and I am happy to have decided to purchase one
eight years ago myself.  As recent calculations of file size for decent
print quality in another thread show, there is a huge gap between what  the
film camera can deliver and what the digital camera can.  To that end, I
think that Olympus should not abandon the SLR camera market in general and
the OM series cameras in particular.

I will report back to the list in a few days with the results of votes and
wish list postings.  If you have any  good ideas as to arguments to
convince Olympus that they should produce a few new OM bodies in the next
few years, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx