Re: [OM] Distortion in 35/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] Distortion in 35/2.8?
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:47:55 -0800
Shawn,

I wonder it there is something else going on. After just getting my 35mm
shift which is in "brand new" or like "virgin" shape I have been puzzled by
unvertical lines even with the shift feature. I would have vertical lines
showing near the center of the picture thanks to the shift feature but
verticals at the edge were not vertical. I noticed this when I took the
pictures. I tried getting vertical vertical on the edge of the photo then
the center would show conversence even with shift.  I'm kinda puzzled and
humbled. I think it has to do with the fact that we have be looking at one
object (cube) head on and other (cube) at an angle.

Did you use a level to check orientation of the lens? I did and this is
what is so frustrating.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Stumped in shift land

Andre