Re: [OM] Olympus Mailing List gallery

From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 15:06:36 -0800
At 08:08 PM 1/23/98 +0200, Johny Debel
wrote:

>Chung, Stephen (D&B Telecom) wrote:
>
>> Tomoko came up with:-

>When talking of volunteers, what have you in mind they should do?
>Another question is what exactly is a mailing list gallery? (Please excuse my
>ignorance).
>If it's about producing a web page, I may have the possibility to do it for
>free.
>Plus I think a web page can be set on Geocities's server for free, and if
their
>offer is not free anymore I can interest a friend of mine who has a server...
>
>Please let me know what you have in mind...

What I have in mind is to have a Web page devoted to presenting photographs
of the Olympus List's members.  The person who offers a space and the
person who selects photographs need not be the same person.  It might be
more interesting if we have a group of volunteers for selection.  That way
selections may be varied and will not become a gallery of one kind of
photographs.  An example of such a gallery may be found at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Each photograph should have at least info on which Olympus gear was used.
Themes of each show can range from the types of photographs (landscapes,
wildlife, artistic, etc.) to the themes related to technical use of Olympus
cameras.  There might be a show of photographs with macro gear, with shift
l, fisheye, supertelephotos, etc., etc.  The mailing list discussions will
be stimulated by such shows.

IMHO, I would not ask Olympus to provide a space.  If Olympus were to
provide, I am sure they would like to have some control.  If they were to
have a gallery at the Olympus Japan Web site for example, that should be
open to everyone, not just to the mailing list members.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx