Re: [OM] Fw: [OLYMPUS] Exposure metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: [OLYMPUS] Exposure metering
From: Gene Mayeda <gmayeda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 07:29:10 -0600
I've been thinking about the "sunny 16 rule".This time of year in the
northern hemisphere the sun is about as low on the horizon at noon as it
gets.(The lowest would be the solstice at the beginning of winter about
Dec. 21-22 or so.)With all the air polution as well as natural
conditions such as water vapor I do not think that your light meter is
malfunctioning.I have never found the "sunny 16" to be a good guide for
shadow detail rendering with negative films during the warmer months
outdoors anyway.
-Gene

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx