Re: [OM] Digital Back: How Feasible Will This Be?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Back: How Feasible Will This Be?
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:18:41 -0800
At 06:06 PM 1/28/98 +1100, you wrote:
>> >As I continue to tabulate the votes the list and I received, I would like
>> >to see some discussions of the digital back possibility.
>>

>I've used a Nikon with a SCSI hard drive instead of a film back.

How do you like it?

My impression of the Olympus digital camera is that Olympus did a good job
of putting together a camera with a zoom lens, a nice viewfinder with a
dioptric correction knob on the side, and an LCD screen (a good size) in a
compact format.  If there is a way to make this into a digital camera with
an interchangeable lens without raising the price too much, it will become
very attractive to serious amateur and professional.  It would even become
nicer if Olympus can fashion a regular OM mount perhaps with focus assist
to signal the digital portion to become ready for recording the image
digitally.  I am thinking of how it would be like to attach a shift lens on
a digital camera.  I understand that the Nikon/Canon/Minolta digital SLR
will accept regular lenses, but their prices are astronomical.

I know that the real-estate industry is interested in digitizing their
image production.  I have a friend who has used a digital camera at work.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx