Re: [OM] Found a 35-70 Zuiko zoom - help required!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Found a 35-70 Zuiko zoom - help required!!
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 21:43:31 -0600

>That sounds really awful. Remember the diaphragm has to stop down and
>release every time the shutter fires. Quickly. If there is gunk or
>corrosion on those little individual leaves, the whole diaphragm may have
>to be replaced. I don't know, but it doesn't sound minor to me.
>
>From my personal experience, working on the blades is virtually never a DIY
project even for a highly skilled DIYer. Oil is the usual cause, and it is
usually visible. However, sometimes the linkage to the blades gets gummed up
and can be easily cleaned. I had one Zuiko lens that had oil on the sliding
plate that couples the DOF lever to the diaphragm blade lever causing this
problem.

Doug

#
# For questions email: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx