Re: [OM] Found a 35-70 Zuiko zoom - help required!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Found a 35-70 Zuiko zoom - help required!!
From: "mahlon.r.haunschild" <mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx>
Date: 10 Feb 98 21:24:10
Cc: olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
OK, if you have to manually move the LEVER back, it's likely that more than
just the DOF button is sticking, meaning that major disassembly is required.
Again, is it an f 3.6, f 4 or what?  If it's an f 3.6, it might be worth it,
assuming that you can find a competent zoom lens repair person and can purchase
the lens for not much bucks.

I'll defer to John and other techies on this list for this one.  I perceived
from your original message that it was just the DOF button that was sticking,
which would be a relatively straightforward clean/lube job.

I've seen lenses (non-Olympus) made so that  you couldn't disassemble them to
get down to the diaphragm because they were glued shut.  Talk about planned
obsolescence...  Grrrrr!

OK, back in my hole I go.

Mahlon

pizzuto @ waldonet.net.mt (Konrad Pizzuto)  (Mailed by: pizzuto @