Re: [OM] Wildlife *IN* my camera!

Subject: Re: [OM] Wildlife *IN* my camera!
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:08:06 -0800
Cc: flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Ian,

I am not a camera repairman (I would double check with John the Om
expert, first) but I have experienced mites and other
living things in equipment that contained electronics.

For a camera sized object I would get a container such as a coffee tin
with a removable plastic lid.  Put a dish or a vial with about 0.5 cc
(one half milliliter) of standard 37 0.000000ormaldehyde solution inside the
can with the camera and leave it in a warm place overnight.

The next day I'd open the can and let it air out for several hours --
be careful not to inhale or let any of the formaldehyde contaminated air
near your eyes!

I doubt anything could survive this treatment (even a PRION!) but I must
warn you that I have not tried this with a camera, yet.

--
Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer