Re: [OM] Hi! Lets open up this list to commercial vendors!

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi! Lets open up this list to commercial vendors!
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 00:16:44 -0500
At 07:30 PM 2/14/98 -0800, Larry Clark wrote:
>Hi!  I propose we sent the following to the many vendors who sell
>Olympus on the web, or who have access to the Internet!  Right now,
>Olympus Dude has an unfair advantage.  Also, more commercial vendors
>will promote real competition!  An e-mail, sent by the list owner
>could say something like:
>
>Dear Sir/Madam;
>
>As you may be aware, Olympus camera owners have an active list-
>server.  It reaches an international clientele of Olympus owners
>with above average interest in the cameras, Zuiko lenses, and
>related accessories.  You are invited to participate in the list,
>and actively promote sales for your company, either by personal
>e-mail to list members, or by open solicitations to all members.
>
>Here is our current membership...You are encouraged to contact
>these members anytime you have something of interest to sell:

Although Paul Van Tuyl's posting is many times annoying, he specializes in
Olympus camera.  Commercial vendors in general do not limit themselves to
one special brand.  Besides I would not like to be solicited by any more
commercial vendors or even individual vendors because of my membership on
the list.  I'll quit the list if that happens.

This list exists to exchange information on Olympus cameras, not really for
any commercial purposes. Since this list is managed by Shawn Wright using
his school's computer facilities, the list should not become commercial in
orientation.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-