Re: [OM] Found some Bellows at Last!

Subject: Re: [OM] Found some Bellows at Last!
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:35:20 +0100
At 12:25 pm +0000 16/2/98, Frank van Lindert wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:38:46 +0100, Clive Warren
><Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sniplet
>>Re. the microscope lens theory - I have been considering some
>>experimentation here already, having played around with a microscope
>>recently.  Was wondering whether you also need to use the microscope
>>viewing lens or something similar somewhere inside the bellows.......
>
>No, you won't need that. If you take a microscope objective lens which
>is not too strong (same range as the macro heads) you can project a
>sharply focused image directly on the film plane with that. You have
>to find the best subject distance from the lens, and of course you can
>play with the extension of the bellows.
>Olympus does make special photo-eyepieces (to be used with the
>microscope adapter mentioned above) which are weak in terms of
>magnification compared to normal viewing eyepieces. A 3x photo
>eyepiece is to be considered rather strong.... I would certainly start
>without any eyepieces, especially when using the bellows that doesn't
>have any mechanism to take them.

Sniplet

Frank, thanks for the additional info.  I am still at work and the bellows
are waiting at home for some creative input.  If the adapter is hard to
find then I will consult mu old South Bend lathe re. a converter plate and
a rather useful Vivitar x3 converter which is waiting to contribute its
mounting flanges for such a project ;-)  I have three Meopta microscope
objective lenses which seem to have at least one coating on the glass -
prime candidates.......

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com