Re: [OM] Camera bags

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera bags
From: Gene Mayeda <gmayeda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:25:11 -0600
There are times you want people to notice you and your gear.Do you want
to be upstaged by someone's relative at a paying wedding shoot? I have
been guilty of doing that to the hired photographer.My aunt told me my
photos were better than the photos they had to pay for at my cousin's
wedding.My gear was better too.Do you want the best angles to shoot from
in a crowd of parents with cameras at a school event? You have to look
the part to get cooperation from strangers.However when I travel alone
by air and I don't have to look the part for the client I hide my gear
as much as possible.I don't leave my stuff in the car or in the garage
either.I just got a new Haliburton case with wheels and it has attracted
a lot of attention on the job.Maybe
too much but my back doesn't hurt so much.An expensive case attracts
attention from honest people and most folks are honest but sometimes I
don't need to attract attention and I use the cooler and no one pays me
any complements about my cooler and that's what I want.
-Gene