Re: [OM] Lenses as supplementaries (reversed 50 on 200)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lenses as supplementaries (reversed 50 on 200)
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 10:48:31 +0000
At 17:40 21/02/98 -0500, Tomoko wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 20:22:04 -0500
>I wrote a few days ago:
>>The 49mm ring I have does not show the name of the manufacturer.  "M49-M49
>Japan" is all it says.
<snip>
>>According to John Shaw, "your local camera store should be able to order
>male-to-male coupling rings from either of two camera-accessories
>distributors
<snip>
>I hope that your local store can locate a macro coupler you need.

Thank you for the comprehensive response to my enquiry.  I have asked at my
local shop and they at first were certain that they ussually have these and
will be able to get one for me, but later they telephoned to say that their
current supplier no longer has them listed, and of course it's not worth
their while to approach a different supplier for such a low value item.
(Minimum order, new account, etc.)

There's another shop I can try, and I can always try other towns in my area
for some different businesses.  Hegarty's in Southport should be worth a
try as I've never actually been there yet and I had them recommended by
Frank van Lindert when he helped me out with the tiny screw for my lens.

It seems that this is another little lost art in our dying hobby. :-(

Not wanting to start a new thread, but I can see our style of photography
becoming *very* expensive once digital cameras take over the bulk
holiday/family/snapshot market and kill the cheap photo processing and huge
turnover in film.
Ian  <IMS>
                     Traffic engineering: Order out of chaos......
mailto:ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxx