Re: [OM] F.Zuiko ... on 300mm f4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] F.Zuiko ... on 300mm f4.5
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:01:00 +1000
Unfortunately, that is one of the big problems with pawn shops here
in Aus (in my state, NSW, anyway).

  Even if you find your stolen item in a pawn shop, the dealer is not
obliged to give it back to you, and is immune from prosecution, as
long as he bought it 'in good faith'.

  Given that there is no requirement to check serial numbers of items
they purchase, and the 'good faith' requirement is _very_ loose,
most stolen goods appear to go through pawn shops.

(which is why you get such things as full 'blad outfits in road cases
appearing in pawn shops in the seediest parts of town).

sigh...
     duncan

"Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 24/02/98 02:41:24

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx