Re: [OM] Macro coupling rings and T32 flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro coupling rings and T32 flashes
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 17:15:51 +1100
> I also recently bought a power bounce grip 2 for my T32 and immediately
> found that with one hand on the grip and the other hand focussing the
> lens, I didn't have any hands left to fire the shutter!  I noticed the
> socket and trigger button for the M. grip cord on the bounce grip handle
> and I was wondering if it was possible to connect this to the socket on
> a Winder 1or 2 to trigger the shutter.
>
> One final thing using the bounce grip 2 on a winder equipped OM body
> brings the flash slightly closer to the lens, I wonder if this could
> lead to red eye problems when using the zoom adaptor.
>
> Regards
> S.C.

You and me both. I just got a bounce grip 2 from Keh. The little hole plugs
directly into my winder 2. I made a lead with 2.5mm plugs each end up. The
plugs seem huge! So I bought the M.Grip cord for $6. Haven't tried it (no doubt
it will work) as my bodies are away for repair still.

The M.Grip cord is short. So the flash must sit on the right hand side of the
camera. For us southpaws, this is a disadvantage. And the lead I made (quick
job) is 3mm too short! I'll just learn to flash right handed.

Somebody wrote that the flash must be displaced by greater than the lens focal
lenght/20 to eliminate red eye. I had the same thought as you (without the zoom
adapter) and the few photos I've taken with the winder/bounce grip on came out
OK.

Foxy