Re: [OM] Flash Equipment

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash Equipment
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:06:41 -0800
>At 07:41 AM 3/2/98 -0600, Sal Piro wrote:
>>
>>Hey everyone,
>>      I just put up my web page this weekend. With the talk about
>>      flash equipment and not seeing anyone elses web page that shows
>>      Olympus accessories for the OM series, I have put up a couple of
>>      pages that contain the FlashPhoto Group. I plan on adding the
>>      other groups in time.
>>
>>      So check it out, and let me know what you think:
>>
>>      http://www.mcs.net/~smp/photo/oly.htm
>>
>>Enjoy,
>>
>>Sal
>

>Sal:
>
>You're a god.  :-)
>
>Y'know, it's amazing that Olympus (hell, for that matter, *all* the camera
>manufacturers) don't have more information like this on *their* pages.
>It's not like they don't have all the raw materials to build such a
>resource, and you'd think that one look at the business case for building a
>comprehensive database of their equipment with its specs on the Web would
>have them falling all over themselves putting Web sites up.
>
>Guess it just makes way too much sense.
>
>Garth

I agree. You would think that these companies would make the connection
that people who are able to look at their web site are more technically
inclined than the people who look at an ad in the latest wide demographic
magazine.  Car companies are the same. All you get are some slow to
download pictures and a little schmoozy text.  You would think they would
put as much info to be accessible as there would be in a good brochure. I
would like to see more.  A couple of times I have sent EMail to the Web
master. I did that with Olympus Japan's site. --Photos of their outdoor
advertising for Pete's sake!

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Any sufficiently advanced techology is  indistinguishable from magic."
                                 -Arthur C. Clarke
"Doo Doo Doo Da Da Da" -- Sting