[OM] Dublin Oly-fest?

Subject: [OM] Dublin Oly-fest?
From: Ken Norton <kenorton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 15:30:38 -0600
Well, boys and girls, the company is sending me on the road again and this
time back to Dublin (Ireland, not Missouri) for a few days.  I'll be
arriving Wednesday 18 March (yes I miss St Patrick's Day again) and leaving
Sunday 22 March.  It looks like Friday and Saturday will be play days as
the meetings should only be on Thursday.

I doubt that I'd drive clear across the country again this time because of
time limitations, but I might travel a bit farther than the Wiklow
Mountains.  I've spent some time in the mountains in and around Glendolough
and am willing to go back and do a bit of dayhiking and photopacking.  But
I was wondering if there was anything else of interest down towards Wexford
and Waterford.

Since I am suffering from severe "flatphobia" I like the idea of trudging
up and down steep hills while carrying a half ton (American, not Imperial
or Metric) of camera equipment and munchies.  Climbing up and over big
rocks sounds good too.  Toss in some water and good views and I'll be quite
satisfied.  I'll make sure I pack my hiking boots and raingear.

Any Eireann Olympus users looking for an excuse to get out on Saturday 21
March?  Hmm.  Dinner at Fox's sounds good too... (forget the cameras, let's
eat seafood!)

Ken Norton
Quincy Illinois (USA)