Re: [OM] Still waffling on my 4T...

Subject: Re: [OM] Still waffling on my 4T...
From: "Ralph M. Leibel" <rleibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:49:02 -0700

Shawn Wrote:

It's now been about 5 months since my 4-T went in for service, and
about 2 weeks since the dealer again offered a full refund if I so
choose.

Snip

So for now, I've decided I will call Nortown in Toronto directly on
Monday and find out when my camera will be back, and hopefully hear
some good news after 5 months of waiting.

Hi Shawn:

    Did you ever call Nortown? I'm currently in somewhat the same situation
with my OM4T and I would love to know what happened.

My OM4T has a lockup problem and I sent the camera with a detailed
description of the problem to Nortown in Dec.97. This was done under the
recommendation of Olympus (Carsen Group Service Coordinator).
I got the Camera back at the end of Jan.98 at cost of $164 dollars with the
lockup problem still there.(Believe me this lockup problem is not hard to
duplicate, all you have to do is cock the camera and leave it for a couple
of hours)

I sent the camera back to Nortown Feb.5/98 after talking to (Olympus-Carsen
Group)and Nortown. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever fix this camera.
I should have sent it to John at Camtech even if Customs is hassle.

For those on the list unfamiliar with Olympus in Canada ,The Carsen Group is
the importer -
distributor of Olympus Products in Canada -and has been since the 1970's.

Ralph

Ralph M.Leibel
rleibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx