Re: [OM] Olympus gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus gallery
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 07:01:49 -0700
At 12:38 PM 3/13/98 +0000, John Gardner <vu49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>All,
>
>Did we ever decide anything about an Olympus gallery? Was it Garth who
>said he'd be prepared to post some piccies for us?

It was indeed.  Two people have sent me photos (both electronically), but
in general the idea seemed to just die out.  I'm certainly still willing to
create a Web home for a rack of photos.

>I have two piccies
>that might be of interest to members of the list -  a scan of a front
>cover shot of mine which shows a hibernating herald moth covered in
>condensation and a shot of a Leisler's bat which has just featured on a
>postcard. Both taken with OM bodies and Zuiko glass of course. Also Ulf
>looks set to be able to scan some of his Israel shots so a gallery would
>be a great idea. Pictures could remain on for a month and then be
>swapped for new ones.
>
>Any takers (Garth?)

Like I said, no resistance from this end.  If people already have scanned
photos they'd like to submit, go for it -- my e-mail address is on the
header, I b'lieve.  If you'd be willing to part with an actual physical
pic, and want me to scan it for you, I can do that too (I can even ship it
back to you electronically if you want creative control over how it's
cropped; no guarantees about returning the physical picture, though).  Just
e-mail me and I'll send you my mailing address.

Perhaps to stimulate everyone's creative juices I should create the site
first as a "blank," and then let people comment on the format.  Mebbe this
weekend.  **HEAVY SIGH**   So much to do, so little time...

Garth