Re: [OM] Q: OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: OM-2S
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:43:19 -0800

      Joel,

        I've had my OM2S Proram for about 5 years,so here goes:

      1. no,doesn't turn anything else on.Just a different mechanism for
         advancing the film (per Omtech) than the OM1.

>     2.Spot meter in MANUAL mode only.light meter activated by pressing
        shutter part way down.(Can also turn on by switching to auto and
        back or vice versa).

      3.pull the little lever (above red light) up and over CCW.Then activate
        timer by depressing shutter (same as OM1).

      4.It's mecanical..there for those times you have battery failure
        (ie in da cold :))
        meter lives for 90 secs before shutting down.Restart per #2 above.

      5.This is important-use silver oxide batteries (per Omtech,the 357's
        work best).alkalines die quickly in these cameras.no experience with
        the lithiums yet.Dead (or weak) batteries WILL cause mirror lockup
        (bought my OM4 AS IS at a pawnshop for $100 w/winder2 and 50 1.4
         because of this:)Took it home-all it needed was batteries)

      6.exactly what it is..a generic flash sync :)

      7.That's a viewfinder display illuminator button for low light situations

      8.That's for off camera TTL flash(with proper OM cord,of course ;))

      9.no light,no sound,no battery:)
        Personally,I pull the batteries out of ALL my equipment monthly and
        check them.That's from working in camera stores and seeing equipment
        destroyed by leaking batteries.Also,if you have more than one
        camera,flash,winder,etc.,it's hard to keep track of when you last
        changed batteries.

      10.Yes to all these questions:)

      btw,there are TWO parts to the OM2S manual..basic instruction and
      creative photography.simply put,book one gives you the basics.book
      two delves more into how to use each feature.

        any more questions on this,feel free to ask.

                                              have fun,
                                                 Brad