Re: [OM] the end game

Subject: Re: [OM] the end game
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:52:40 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:11:25 GMT you write:

>>I think the civil thing to do is for list members to offer any items
>>they wish to sell here first.  If they don't sell here, then put them up
>>on eBay.... just a thought.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>--Lee
>
>And a good thought it is indeed, Lee.
>But there are exceptions. What if a list member doesn't know what
>his/her item is worth, and wants to let the market decide the price?

A little research using ShutterBug or the internet should provide a good
guide.

>That is what auctions are very good for. I sold some 'bodies for the
>tinkerer' that way, which I really couldn't have set a price for.

Even if you didn't feel comfy setting a price, you could have listed
them here as "best offer".  While not exactly an auction, this at least
would give you an idea of what people were willing to pay.  If you
didn't think the "best offer" was high enough, you could still say no,
politely, and put them up on eBay.

Cheers,
--Lee