[OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:49:36 -0600
Oly Shooters:

I'm an OM-1 guy trying to get used to my new OM-2S (used to my used OM-2S I
should say). With the OM-1 I've learned to use the averaging meter pretty
effectively over the years by metering on a "average" set of values and then
recomposing as necessary to get pretty consistently good exposures. I don't
even really bracket very much. (Not to brag -- probably should have
bracketed a thousand!)

Now with the OM-2S it appears I will have to get my average reading in auto
mode and then switch to manual to shoot it (assuming I want to shoot
something other than the auto exposure).

Is that about right?  (Yes, I will play with the spot meter, too. I guess I
was surprised that in manual mode there is no way of getting an averaged
reading. Love to hear how folks use that "spot" meter, though.)

In auto mode, is the meter center weighted and, if so, approximately 60/40
-- something like that?

Thanks for your ideas, as always.

Joel