Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:56:49 -0800
Joel:

Below is some good advice from Tom.  Here's some more I hope will help.

First, Auto: you don't have to switch to manual to vary the exposure, you
can use the +/- dial on top of the camera to give over/under exposures in
1/3 stops.

Spot: Tom's method is similar to mine. I'll use the spot to meter the
brightest and darkest areas of the scene to get a feel for the total
dynamic range. Then I can bias my exposure somewhere in between,
depending on what I want.  This is actually much easier with the 4Ti, as
it can save the high/low readings on the bar graph.  With the 2S, you
have to remember them. This method lends itself well to the 'Zone'
system. I've got a 2 or 3 paragraph description of how I use the 4Ti for
zone system I could send if you like.

Hope this helps.

george