Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-13 Focusing Screen at Yodobashi
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:47:26 -0600 (CST)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
Yes.

The MSRP (Manufacturers Suggest Retail Price) or kibo kakaku is 2800 yen.
Yodobashi sells for 2100 yen.  I had additional discount ~16.% against 2100 yen
which yields 1750 yen.  Assuming the yen to USdollar exchange rate being
129 yen to a dollar, I theoretically paid about $13.60.  HOWEVER, you have
to realize how much I spent for my transportation from DFW to NRT airport
and within Tokyo.  So, $13.60 is not really cheap.

There are certain itmes that are very reasonable in Japan, as opposed to
"tourists' myths" that 'every thing in Japan is very expensive'.

Regards,
JimT