Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:54:45 EST
Hi John:

<< Sounds like Gary's idea of using a 200/5 is the way for you to go if you
can find one used.  It's as short and about as light as a standard lens but is
a true 200mm tele. >>

I'm waiting on UPS today, so I have time on my hands to do immediate responses
. . .

My Sekonic is 450 grams (and 180 mm long) with case.  The 200 mm f/5.0 Zuiko
is 380 grams (and 105 mm long - almost a 0.5:1 telephoto ratio!).  Considering
I already carry an OM body when I shoot the 4x5, I'd be sheading 70 grams,
plus 510 grames for the 200 mm f/4.0 I often carry in the 4x5's aluminum case.
I'm starting to like this idea.  Maybe someone this Sunday (at the Buena Park,
CA camera show) will have a OM-4 and a 200 mm f/5.0 to swap for the Sekonic?

Anyone have ANY lens test data on the f/5.0 ??? It was discontinued soon, so
it might be sub-par optically.

I saw lots of sub-$100US 200 mm f/5.0's at Terry and Gerri's Photography in
Tavares, FL, but can't get them on the phone.  They were going to sell out.
Hope it isn't so.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV