Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: "John Austin" <johnaustin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 20:16:38 -0800
>george wrote:
>Is the 200 F/5 a Zuiko? Haven't heard of it. I'll check my lens brochure
>tonite.

I had the 200mm f5 Zuiko, the multicoated version. Bought it new at the end
of 1982 or beginning of 1983 (they say the memory's the second thing to go).
It was probably one of the last ones off the assembly line. It had already
been discontinued when I purchased it. It was very compact and sharp. The
problem I had was the f5.0 max aperture. It was considerably harder to focus
than it's f4.0 counterpart. But it sure turned a few heads when people asked
what lens I was using and I replied a 200mm. It's not much bigger than some
brands of normal lenses. The perceived size and weight in use is about half
that of the f4.0 version.

Regards,
John Austin