Re: [OM] Koboron 120-600

Subject: Re: [OM] Koboron 120-600
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:09:57 -0800
Hans van Veluwen wrote:

>Just bought a super tele zoom: Koboron f=120-600mm, F1:5.6-8, MC, OM
>mount. Looks solid, condition is good. Very heavy, of course. Costed
>only HFL. 550 (approx. US$ 275). Never heard of this brand, Internet
>search engines only return a few other Koboron lenses for sale.
>Does anybody know anything about this brand, or about this particular
>lens?

In the US, Vivitar sold this (an identical?) lens. I used to own one,
until it was replaced by a more user-friendly Tokina AT-X 100-300/f4.
This lens easily doubles as a self-defense tool :-)  Clearly, it needs
a VERY sturdy support to produce acceptable results. You got it for a
very good price -- way to go, Hans!

>The salesman (@ABRO, Zaanstad) thought it was only for a very short
>time on the (Dutch) market, and that they're still manufacturing
>for Leitz.

Dunno about the Leitz link, but the guy is clearly a terrific salesman.
;-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA