Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem on my OM-4T's mirror
From: Toshihiro Sugimoto <sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 09:25:24 JST
Cc: sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx
John,

Thank you for your advice. Yes, I know that the mirror mechanism is
so fragile that we can easily damage it.

Yes, the mirror is completely separated from the plate, and there are
two circular marks of glue on the mirror but it's not a glue itself, I
guess. Besides these mark it is very clean. The marks will not affect
the images on finder and metering function.

On the backing plate, I see three black glue, each flattened and
rounded shape, dots as you described. Two are on the bottom corners,
and one on the top center. I don't think I have to remove these glue,
because I can't do it without damaging the mechanism.
The center of the plate is a rectangle through-hole to the backing
sub-lens. There are bulges which must determine the position of mirror.

BTW, what is "BB"?

I'm going to find suitable epoxy glue.

Any further comment would be appreciated. Thank you.

Toshi in Kyoto/Japan