Re: [OM] OM-4's and the Grim Ripper

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4's and the Grim Ripper
From: Toshihiro Sugimoto <sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:11:37 JST
Cc: sugimoto@xxxxxxxxxxx
At [Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:44:24 GMT], You wrote:
> From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> In article , PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx> writes
> >John H. has spoken on this issue.  The upgrade is so expensive that he won't
> >do it anymore.  It meets or exceeds the cost of a used OM-4!
> >
> Whilst this is a fact, surely it is irrelevant since the circuit is an
> enhancement to the OM4.  What matters is whether the new circut costs
> more than a used OM4Ti.

I checked the cost of the replacement at the Olympus official service
center in Tokyo by phone the other day. The circuit board replacement
should be accompanied with its overhaul. The cost of the board is not
so expensive, about $50-60US. But the overhaul cost is far more, about
$120-125US. So, overall cost will be about $170-185.
I think this cost is obviously less than that of the used OM-4Ti.

The cost may be different in US. So, this is the case in Japan.
Anybody would like to buy a RT ticket?

Toshi in Kyoto/Japan