[OM] OM10 Mirror lockup

Subject: [OM] OM10 Mirror lockup
From: "Ian M. Stewart" <ims@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 12:29:27 +0000
Hi everyone,

My father in law has had an OM1 for many years, and knew nothing about
Olympus other than that he likes the camera.  I was trying to explain to
him my new found knowledge about the metering system (I am assuming it's
the same on the OM1) measuring the light from the front of the shutter
curtain, and the strange pattern of spots on the curtain.  Of course he had
never seen this (it's always behind the mirror) so I tried to show him the
pattern on my OM10.

So here's the question, why does the mirror on my OM10 only go half way up
when I use the self timer to "lock up" the mirror?  Is this correct or have
I discovered a fault?  If it's not a fault does the half way up position
suffice to subdue unwanted vibrations?

TIA for any advice.

--

Ian  <IMS>
                  OM Tyro - please point my lens in the right direction.