[no subject]

From: jocke1s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 08:33:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: starting macro/close up

Hi all,

I am very new to this list and have only been listening
in for a couple of weeks. I like it very much though !!

I have read thru the archived material from this list in
search for advice on starting with macro photography but
I couldn't get a good grasp of it all.
So I hope no one will be offended if I try to get some
advice on this area.

I am new to the oly line and have just purchased a OM4Ti
50/1.4 135/2.8 and will try to get hold on a 24 or 28 in
the near future.
One thing I very much would like to do is to take some
close ups, semi macro (1:1 or something to start with).
How is the easiest way to approach this ?

Should I buy a "macro" lens (if I can find one) or
can I buy some extension tubes and use with my current
equipment?

As I said before I am satisfied to start in the 1:1 range
or something near that. Taking pictures of leaves etc.

Well any advice would be great. And if this has been covered
before maybe someone could fill me in anyway using private
mail.

Best regards

Joakim Svensson