Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: "John A. Prosper" <prosper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:40:15 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998 fdayrit@xxxxxxx wrote:

|John A. Prosper wrote:
|
|> IMNSHO, Olympus has yet to release a flash which does
|> justice to their OM-3Ti|4Ti cameras.  The FP 280 flash is
|> simply too weak for anyone interested in serious, non-macro
|> flash work.  For TTL flash only the T-45 sports serious
|> power.  Using one of the 3rd party flashes with an Olympus
|> module seems to be the only way to go for those desiring
|> real power.
|
|John,
|
|I totally agree with you and correct me if i am wrong, it was Olympus who
|developed the super-FP flash. I think they just licensed it to Nikon. They
|still have to make a flash that is at par say with a SB-25/26 of Nikon in
|terms of using the ability that is in the OM3T/OM4T. I really don't know what
|they have in mind regarding this. Maybe if they do come out with that long
|awaited OM5/OM6 combination we will see something. Still keeping my fingers
|crossed on these.

I don't know who has the patent on Super-FP flash.  Olympus
released a flash with it first so you would tend to think
they have it.  However, Olympus was also the first to
release a TTL flash unit even though it originated with the
"mind of Minolta."  Olympus bought the right to use the TTL
concept in their units and released their TTL products
before Minolta could bring theirs to the market.

If Olympus has the patent, they should be collecting a tidy
sum from a host of manufacturers!