Re: [OM] Crash/smash/crunch...wah!

Subject: Re: [OM] Crash/smash/crunch...wah!
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:48:26 -0600
Ken, a better name for you would perhaps be "Joe Btfsplk".  How many of you
folks remember HIM?  Be careful... you may date yourselves!

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences, Ken.  The risks and travails of
airline travel have to be experienced to be believed.  I know... I do it
every week.  Just today, I had arisen from my aisle seat to deplane, and
had placed my computer bag on the seat so that I could get my other bag
from the overhead.  Suddenly, just as I am extracting 50 lbs of bag from
the bin, the fellow in the window seat decides to get up and leave and, in
the process, drags my computer bag out of the seat and onto the floor
(that's $3500 worth of Compaq Armada 4160T that just hit the very hard
floor, boys and girls) and just about gets creamed by aforementioned 50 lb
bag which was just then coming out of the bin over his head (hence the
name: overhead  ;  )   ).  I'm able to stop it in time.  Then, he picks up
the computer bag, sets it back into the seat as if nothing has happened,
stands up, and just stands there and stares at me as if nothing has
happened.  Then he turns around and leaves.  Go figure.

It is for this reason that I HATE to take my OM gear on an airplane.  I
miss a lot of wonderful photo ops that way...

kenorton @ bdcast.com (Ken Norton)  (Mailed by: kenorton @ bdcast.com (Ken
Norton) @ internet)
03/23/98 12:48 PM EST