RE [OM] Price Increases?

Subject: RE [OM] Price Increases?
From: Tomoko Yamamoto <tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:58:43 -0500
I visited my local camera store on Saturday and showed my newly acquired OM
brochures.  These are A4 sizes and have English headings even though the
text is in Japanese.

These brochures certainly give an impression that the OM system is alive in
Japan.  The dates of the OM-3Ti/4Ti brochures are July/August, 1997.

I mentioned the purported price increase of the OM system effective April
1, 1998 to the salesman there.  He had not heard of anything like that.
The store carries the OM2000 and the 70-210mm zoom, digital cameras, and P&Ss.

He expressed a doubt as to the veracity of the price increase particularly
because of the effective date.  He said he had been in touch with Olympus
relatively recently.

I have my own doubt because nothing seems to be happening at the Olympus
Japan website.

Tomoko Yamamoto
Photographer, Composer, Soprano
mailto:tomokoy@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.charm.net/~tomokoy/
-All the photos (except panorama) with OM's-
http://ep.com/ep/csp.html?csp=1130
-Olympus Equipment Classifieds-