[OM] OLY mount Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 Macro with 1:1 adapter

Subject: [OM] OLY mount Vivitar Series 1 90mm f2.5 Macro with 1:1 adapter
From: IRBWALTERS <IRBWALTERS@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 23:52:25 EST
I just bought this 90mm Vivitar Macro lens this weekend at our local swap
meet.
It looks well made as I have heard Series 1's lens are.
Very heavy with the adapter.
The adapter is more like a converter than a extension tube, it has glass and a
well made rotating collar and mounting plate.
I get .5X to infinity with just the lens and .5X  to 1X with the adapter.
Good working distance of 8" @ .5X and 5" at 1X, same as the oly 80mm with
65-116 tube.
I was told it was made by Kiron???  Who is Kiron???
Does any one know about this lens?
How does it compare to the Zuiko 90mm.
What was the new cost when it was available?