Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 auction

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 180mm f2 auction
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:28:37 GMT
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:00:40 +8, "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Wasn't $1800 the starting point for bidding, with another undisclosed
>figure as a reserve?
>
>Are you saying no one put in a bid at $1800 ?
>
>An absolute steal at that price.
>
>Giles

Hi Giles,

It went for $2000 to a camera company in Canada.
I would certainly have bid, if it weren't for the fact that Paul van
Tuyll suggested it was HIS lens which was for sale. If that had been
true (I believed so) the reserve on the lens would not have been $2000
but $3800 (which he wants for his and which I think is too much). The
owner would have had a few couple of 100's more if Paul hadn't
interfered.

Frank.