Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:18:59 +0900

WKato wrote:

> << They still have to make a flash that is at par say with a SB-25/26 of Nikon
> in
>  terms of using the ability that is in the OM3T/OM4T >>
>
> I think that the reason Nikon flashes work well is that the camera has,
> through the AF lenses, information to decide the output of the flash at the
> point of focus.  From there it is a simple process to decrease the flash
> exposure 1, 2 or 3 stops.  The flash system works only with the "D" series
> lenses.  We would need a whole new series of lenses to use such a flash
> system.
>
> Warren Kato
> wkato@xxxxxxx

Warren,

that is the only thing that the OM3T/4Tdon't have, the ability to communicate
the
distance to the flash, otherwise it works with TTL in regular TTL and superFP
mode. but compare the GN of the F280 to the SB-25/26, it is no comparison. let's
just say that a professional wouldn't use it because it is too weak. basically,
feel that olympus has not fully exploited what the camera is capable with by not
coming out with a more powerful flash that has capability of super-FP and there
are no third party manufacturers that provide it either. to think that this was
the main feature that was added to the T  models(aside from the titanium, better
electronics and weather seals), for them not to exploit it so that we can be at
the receiving end, is almost like disregarding what they added to the camera in
the first place. i'm just disappointed they have not exploited this feature more
by providing a better flash with super FP.

francis