Re: [OM] OM 4Ti Champagne

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 4Ti Champagne
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:08:39 +8
Hi Paul

I think that is a very good price if it is in good working order as
claimed.  If you could get an agreement for a refund if something
proves to be amiss I would go for it.  I believe the champaign
version is not so much a model, rather just a lack of easily shed
black paint, though it could have a coating but I suspect it is bare
metal.  Anyone know for sure?

By the way there is an OM4 with a 28mm f2.8, powerbounce grip, T32
and I thing a winder2, sitting in the window of that chemist that had
the N*k*on F5 here in Limerick.

Gary, I think you are right about there being an intrinsic problem in
getting paint to adhere to titanium - Why, oh, why didn't Olympus
just anodise the 4Ti ? Then we wouldn't have the peeling paint
problem.  We could have had some realy lurid and durable colour
schemes then. ;-)

Giles