Re: [OM] OM-Nature

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-Nature
From: WKato <WKato@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:18:01 EST
In a message dated 98-03-25 07:29:23 EST, you (Gary) write:

<< >I wouldn't have the patience to wait for a lull in the
 >breeze!  As it is, I've adopted a technique 180 degrees different than
 >the focusing rail/tripod collar concept: I grab the plant and move IT
 >instead.  I hear you about the need for a strong arm!  I'll generally
 >mount my setup on a tripod and very near the plant.  Then I hold the
 >plant just out of view and rotate/adjust the position of the flower or
 >other part I wish to photograph.  >>

A wildflower photographer (Urich) uses a gauze tent of some type.  It had a
brand name but I can't recall it at the moment.  He uses it not only to
nullify the effects of the wind but also to soften the light.

Warren Kato