Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus in Tokyo
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 02:52:53 EST
Hi John:

<< He dumped it and moved to Nikon because he could not get reliable, quick
service when a piece failed. >>

Olympus America at one time offered a pro level (read: fast) repair service.
Let's see what John H. recollects about this.  But yet another option not well
advertised!

The worst part about the slowness of the service was waiting on estimates to
be done and the paperwork processed.  I used to tell them "just do it whatever
the cost" in order to get the piece moving through the mill.  (Billing used to
be another Achilles Heel in the pre-credit card days).  Another problem was
attributable to Express shippers.  Service was slower in the past.  My best
experiences were physically taking the piece into the OLY shop (many 100's of
miles away, though).  OLY always knew they would see me when I was in town for
Christmas.  :-)

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV