Re: [OM] T28 Twin Macro Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] T28 Twin Macro Flash
From: wijsmuller@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:00:35 +0000
Richard Dale wrote:

> I use a non-Olympus ring flash for macro work (in the studio), would I find
> the T28 useful? The ring flash seems to be powerful enough for close lens
> to subject working distances, though I'm not an expert. Any macrophiles out
> there?

Recently I bought a T20. The owner had not used it very much, since
he had the plan of connecting a non-Oly ringflash to it (after the
electronics, so that this ringflash would be TTL-controled). However,
because of his Rollei 6x6 he changed to Metz, and had actually
adapted a Metz flash in this way (very cleverly, he could just switch
the Metz flash to it's own head and the ringflash if plugged on).
If you're not afraid of electronics, this could be a cheaper way of
obtaining TTL macro flash. Has anyone on this list ever made a
similar attempt? Good luck,

Frank Wijsmuller.